Last updated: April 24, 2023
Interpretation and Definitions
Capitalized terms have defined meanings as set forth below. The terms shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity under common ownership or control with a party.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer or mobile device.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to PAC NYC website, https://pacnyc.org.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
Information About You
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify You. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
- Payment information, such as credit card information
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookie:
Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
You can adjust your cookie settings by clicking on the floating cookie bubble in the lower left corner.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of Us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to You based on information Advertising Providers collect about Your use of the Service and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. If you delete Your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, You may need to renew Your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in Your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to Your interests.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about Your use of the Service and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. We use Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Service and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when You use our Service, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of Information About You
The Company may use information collected for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: To manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The information You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: To provide products, items, or services You have purchased from us or of any other contract with Us, including for ticket sales, membership purchase, and restaurant reservations.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as communications related to Our products or services.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about goods, services and events which we (or selected partners) offer.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information about Our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of Our Service.
- With Your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
Disclosure of Information About You
We may share the information We collect in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your information with Service Providers for purposes such as monitoring and analyzing the use of our Service, to contact You, or to process payments.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With like-minded organizations or business partners: We may share Your information with like-minded organizations who We think You may find interesting or Our business partners who may use it to offer You certain products, services, or promotions, or for other purposes, at these organizations’ or Our business partners’ discretion.
- With other users: when You share information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- Subject to the law: The Company may disclose information we collect in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation (including pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process), protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public, or protect against legal liability.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
Changes to Your Personal Data
Our Service may give You the ability to delete certain information about You from within the Service.
You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage Your personal information.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with personal data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Links to Other Websites
The Service also includes integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If You use these tools to share personal information or You otherwise interact with these features on the Service, those companies may collect information about You and may use and share such information in accordance with Your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features.